| || || |
Trolleybus miniatures, models and the real things
| "Stupendous is just one of the superlatives one can rightly use to describe this book ... that should delight and excite anyone with the faintest interest in trolleybuses and models"|
- Ray Stenning, Classic Bus
"It's hard to avoid using superlatives about this wonderful book"
- Alan Millar, Buses
"Without doubt this is the most lavish book on the subject of trolleybuses yet produced"
- Alan Murray, Trolleybus Magazine
By Ashley Bruce with Gottfried Kure
After four years of research, acquisition and compiling, collaborators Ashley Bruce and Gottfried Kure have produced a near definitive work on the obscure and yet surprisingly nostalgic subject of the Trolleybus in miniature. The book -
- covers why so many should find such a topic to be so evocative
- looks at the industrial relevance of company display models
- examines exhibition models in museums
- delves into attempts to recreate moving trolleybuses in miniature
- catalogues commercial motorised model trolleybuses
- includes 23 national trolleybus histories from 1882 to the present day
- references 226 full sized prototypes
- introduces 282 producers and makers
- and lists over 1280 marketed, adapted and one-off models from around the world.
The result is an encyclopedia of the worlds trolleybuses through the ages, seen as they once were and how they now exist in minature.
But perhaps the easiest way to show you what this large and profusely illustrated volume is like, is to show you some sample pages. A little difficult to choose, but here's five, from the UK, France, Germany and USA -
Download Press release and full size pages
Printed in full colour, with 416 pages and over 1532 photographs, diagrams and illustrations.
Price: £15 (GBP) each, with free UK postage!
If buying from outside the UK, reduced post charges apply
Total weight: 2150g. id - INT15
Shipping: Generally within 5 days.
Buying online with Paypal includes paying by credit card.
| alternatively, || |